Checkout Form Overview
The Checkout Form provides a pre-built integration with payment providers, allowing for the detection of relevant tax information, the calculation of taxes, and the assignment of a proper entity through which the sale will be made.
If Vertex is deemed to be the seller for the customer, it means that they are liable for tax purposes.
The form offers these features:
- Integration with the product and the Payment Service Provider (PSP) (Stripe and PayPal).
- Settling VAT/GST and fees by using a split payment at the time of purchase.
- Displaying the products, prices, taxes, total, and buyer information needed for checkout.
- Logic for handling B2B sales, region-specific requirements, Intermediary Plus requirements, subscriptions, and location conflicts.
- A choice of three display modes: A full page, a new window overlaying the current page, or embedded in an iFrame.
- Pages that are customizable with a Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) to match your site’s style.
- Automatic updates with new supported regions when they are available.
The configuration consists of the following steps:
- Configure the checkout form in the dashboard.
- Connect the form to your Payment Service Provider (PSP). You can connect to either Stripe or Mastercard. For more information see Configuring Stripe as a Payment Provider or Configuring PayPal as a Payment Provider.
- Configure your e-commerce software to launch the Checkout Form, either as an overlay or through an HTML link. For more information, see Integrating the Checkout form with your Webstore.
- Customize your invoicing templates. For more information, see Vertex Invoicing IQ Overview .
- (Optional) Connect to the service's API and/or the Webhooks to track sales. For more information, see Webhooks Overview.
Updated 9 months ago